Communications Associate (P/T)
FASPE (Fellowships at Auschwitz for the Study of Professional Ethics)
This is a part-time position for $2,500/month, approx. 10 days/month. Offices in midtown Manhattan, working remotely during COVID. This position may report remotely ongoing. Position reports to Director of Development and Communications.
FASPE is a nonprofit organization dedicated to creating a more ethical future by educating and training leaders in the professions using the unique lens of history.
- With FASPE Executive Director and Advisor, develop and implement a strategic communications plan that uses a variety of tools to increase visibility, reach and grow target audiences.
- Manage brand clarity and ensure that brand messaging is consistent across all platforms, that it aligns with and complements the organization’s mission, stimulates engagement with audiences (i.e. attendance at webinars, recruitment of fellows, etc.), and encourages participation and financial support for the organization.
- Manage website (www.faspe-ethics.org) and maintain content to ensure accurate, current, and compelling information. Increase traffic to the website.
- Boost visibility and engagement through digital marketing; manage all social media channels and messaging.
- Regularly monitor and prepare analytics of all communication initiatives.
- Cultivate press relationships and increase media coverage that spotlights the organization’s leading role in ethical leadership training and as a thought leader. Draft and distribute press releases and media pitches as appropriate.
- Work with the Executive Director to leverage opportunities, strategize, and place op-eds, letters to the editor, and long- and short-form articles.
- Coordinate production of a digital monthly newsletter; Oversee production of an annual alumni guest-edited academic journal.
- Write and edit compelling content and coordinate photos and graphics for all print and digital publications, including annual fundraising solicitations and grants (with Advisor/Director of Development).
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, public relations, or a related field required; Master’s degree preferred
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in communications; work in the nonprofit sector preferred
- An exceptional writer and editor, a confident and persuasive communicator
- A shameless, prodigious social media participant and networker
- Strong work ethic with a healthy respect for meeting deadlines
- Strategic thinker with a creative mindset
- Meticulous attention to detail
- A person of exceptional integrity and impeccable professional ethics
Interested applicants should send a c.v. and statement of interest describing your fit for the role to email@example.com. No phone calls or snail mail please. Not all applicants will be contacted. This position is open on a rolling basis until filled.
FASPE is a non-faith based 501(c)(3) organization and an equal opportunity employer.