2020 FASPE Journalism Application
Deadline: Monday, December 30, 2019 at 11:59 PM EST
Short Essay Questions
You will find the following questions on the online application at the Submittable portal. Please be prepared to upload your responses to these questions in a single PDF document, along with the other components of the application, by the FASPE Journalism deadline using the link in Submittable.
- Why are you interested in FASPE, and how do you think the program will influence your growth as a journalist?
- Describe an ethical concern you have about journalism that you expect to encounter in your career. Discuss potential causes of the issue and consider both structural remedies and the responsibility of the individual journalist.
- Describe a difficult decision involving a trade-off that you or a colleague or mentor made as a leader. How was the decision reached, how should the decision have been reached?
- What ethical dilemmas or experiences in your own cultural, academic, or professional background will enable you to enrich program discussions?
- Tell us about a novel, play, poem, painting, sculpture, piece of music, or other work of art (loosely defined) that had an impact on who you are today, and tell us why.
(total word limit: 1500 words)