2024 FASPE Medical Application
Deadline: Tuesday, January 2, 2024 at 11:59 PM EST
Short Essay Questions
You will find the following questions on the online application at the Submittable portal. Please be prepared to upload your responses to these questions in a single PDF document, along with the other components of the application, by the FASPE Medical deadline using the link in Submittable.
- Why are you interested in FASPE, and how do you think the program will influence your growth as a medical professional?
- What is a profession, and what role do you think it plays in society? What role(s) do you think it should play?
- Describe an ethical concern you have about the practice of medicine or the health system that you expect to encounter in your career. Discuss potential causes of the issue and consider both structural remedies and the responsibility of the individual physician.
- Describe a difficult ethical leadership decision involving a trade-off that you have made or observed. How was the decision reached? Should anything have been done differently?
- What experiences in your own cultural, academic, or professional background will enable you to enrich program discussions?
- Tell us about a novel, play, poem, painting, sculpture, piece of music, or other work of art (loosely defined) that had an impact on who you are today, and tell us why.
(Word limit: Responses to all 6 questions should not exceed 1600 words in total)