2023 FASPE Seminary Application
Deadline: Tuesday, January 3, 2023 at 11:59 PM EST
Short Essay Questions
You will find the following questions on the online application at the Submittable portal. Please be prepared to upload your responses to these questions in a single PDF document, along with the other components of the application, by the FASPE Seminary deadline using the link in Submittable.
- Why are you interested in FASPE, and how do you think the program will influence your growth in your role as clergy or religious leader?
- Describe an ethical concern you expect to encounter in your ministry or as a religious leader. This concern could encompass the role of clergy in their intersection with politics, culture or society; in day-to-day work; in interactions with the community being served; or otherwise. Discuss potential causes of the issue and consider both structural remedies and the responsibility of the individual cleric.
- Describe a difficult ethical leadership decision involving a trade-off that you have made or observed. How was the decision reached? Should anything have been done differently?
- What experiences in your own cultural, religious, academic, or professional background will enable you to enrich program discussions?
- FASPE Seminary is a multi-faith program with Fellows drawn from a number of religious traditions, including Christianity, Islam, Judaism and other faiths. Please describe your experience, if any, in interfaith work. Please also explain your views about both the opportunities and challenges posed by interfaith work.
Thank you for your interest. We look forward to reviewing your application and are available to answer any questions you might have.
(Word limit: Responses to all 5 questions should not exceed 1500 words in total)